[mythtv-users] How do I kill a Live TV connection?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 3 03:33:40 UTC 2007

On 04/02/2007 11:17 PM, Andrew Robinson wrote:
> I ran mythfrontend on my laptop and the laptop froze (unrelated to
> myth). When I restart the laptop and mythfrontend and then try to get
> back into Live TV, Myth claims the connection
the tuner
>  is in use and that I must
> delete it.
delete (or cancel) the recording
>  However, I cannot find where in the frontend to delete that
> connection. The only way I have been able to do so so far is to restart
> the backend.
Which is another way.
>  Is there a less disruptive way to kill that Live TV
> connection? How?

By carefully reading the message mythtv gives you and following its
instructions.

"MythTV is already using all available inputs for the channel you
selected. If you want to watch an in-progress recording, select one from
the playback menu.  If you want to watch live TV, cancel one of the
in-progress recordings from the delete menu."

Mike