[mythtv-users] video podcasts

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 21:50:22 UTC 2007

On 4/2/07, quickshot at mailbolt.com <quickshot at mailbolt.com> wrote:
> I've used BASHPODDER.  just set to drop your video podcasts into
> /myth/video, and audio into /myth/music.

Seconded - I looked around for a reliable/free/simple rss content
"podcast" downloader recently when a radio drama serial was released
one episode per day for 50 days with only the last 3 days online.

The reliable requirement ruled out Windows.

I looked at just about everything, decided I didn't want to have to
leave a client running for two months...  that ruled out about 90% of
the software for rss feed downloading I looked at.

then I found kpodder (bashpodder frontend)
http://www.leonscape.co.uk/linux/kpodder/

It's dead simple to configure and runs from cron.

btw - for radio drama fans, http://www.zbs.org/catalog/podcast.php

-Ross