[mythtv-users] External channel change not passing channel

duck tduckett at tdux.com
Mon Apr 2 12:00:37 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/01/2007 07:36 PM, duck wrote:
>
>> Robin Gilks wrote:
>>
>>> This might seem a silly question but you do have the channel number filled
>>> in for the channel?
>>>
>>> I'm talking about the channel number at the top of the *second* screen of
>>> the channel setup in mythtv-setup - the channel number on the first screen
>>> is only used to determine what you type in at the keyboard or the remote
>>> to select the channel.
>>>
>>> The second screen number is used to select the tuner channel number, or in
>>> the case of an external changer, the value to pass to the changer script.
>>>

> What Robin calls the "channel number on the first screen" is called the,
> er, "Channel Number."  What Robin calls the "channel number at the top
> of the *second* screen of the channel setup in mythtv-setup" is the
> "Frequency or Channel".
>

>> This was the problem!  I have tried everything and would not have
>> thought about adding the channel number on the second page!
>>

> And you never would have needed to think of adding a channel number on
> the second page had you defined your channels appropriately.  Since
> you've been talking about using directv.pl, I'm assuming you're a North
> American analog TV user.  If so, when you define your channels you
> should /not/ do so using the Channel Scan.  You should do so using the
> "Fetch channels from listings source" button.  Had you done so, your
> channels would have been created correctly.  See the top of
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/261302#261302 for
> more.  I recommend you clean up your channels as I described in the
> linked post.
>
> Mike

This could be also related to me not being able to use
mythfilldatabase.  I tried using scan channels and removed them and
tried using fetch channels.  Neither worked

I have to use the following script to update my  guide:

tv_grab_na_dd > guide
cat guide | sed
's/http:\/\/labs.zap2it.com/http:\/\/joelabs.zap2it.com/' > guide1
mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 /capture/guides/guide1
rm /capture/guides/guide

I have directway and I am sure this is the problem!  I have trouble
connecting to many sites because of Directway and or a configuration
issue on my end.

I  will try the

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/261302#261302

  link again at random times currently directway is preventing me from
connecting to it.  :(