[mythtv-users] .20 needing more CPU than .19? (My upgrade story)

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 20:30:23 UTC 2006

Short answer: yes, I'm seeing high CPU usage.

Long answer: I'm not certain .20 is to blame.  I noticed considerably
reduced performance after switching from a Knoppmyth to FC 5 install on a
AMD 64 3500+. nVidia FX 5200, pcHDTV hd3000, 1 gig ram machine. The last
time I used the Knoppmyth setup was to watch the finals of the US Open
Tennis with OTA High Def. It worked beautifully.

Since then I when to FC 5 / MythTV .20 and have trouble bringing in regular
SD with out stutter and freeze. CPU is commonly above 85%.