[mythtv-users] separate directories and filenames

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Thu Sep 28 17:27:24 UTC 2006

On Thu Sep 28, 2006 at 12:08:10PM -0500, Timothy Waters wrote:

> On 9/28/06, Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote:
> >
> >Timothy Waters wrote:
> >> I checked the list archive but that only confused me further. I want
> >> to have a separate livetv directory and a separate recordings directory.
> >Not possible with current code.
>
> Does anybody know why that feature was taken out a couple of versions ago?
> That was so convenient. Isn't this coming back in the form of a SVN patch
> recently?

The separate single LiveTV buffer (which could be located elsewhere than
the recording directory) was taken out in order to implement the far
more useful (IMO) feature of being able to save an entire LiveTV program
after you've started (or even finished) watching it.  In order to
implement this in a clean and consistent manner, LiveTV is now treated
pretty much the same as a scheduled recording, hence is placed in the
same directory.

Cheers,
        Robin
--