[mythtv-users] separate directories and filenames

Timothy Waters timothy.waters at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 17:08:10 UTC 2006

On 9/28/06, Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote:

> Timothy Waters wrote:
> > I checked the list archive but that only confused me further. I want
> > to have a separate livetv directory and a separate recordings directory.
> Not possible with current code.

Does anybody know why that feature was taken out a couple of versions ago?
That was so convenient. Isn't this coming back in the form of a SVN patch
recently?

> I also would like my recordings to have filenames that are more
> > meaningful than the date and time.mpg.
> Possible, but you have to use a script called mythrename.pl to do that
> after shows have been recorded.
> > Having separate directories for each series name and have each show in
> > that directory.
> Not possible in the way you are thinking, but you can use mythrename.pl
> to create links by subdirectory for each show. I do this with a cron job
> that runs periodically to create links in /myth/tv/shows with a
> subdirectory for each show.

I'll check that script out.

Tom

Timothy Waters
timothy.waters at gmail.com
http://www.e-Waters.org
205-587-9001

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove
all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is easier to denature plutonium than to denature the evil spirit of
man." Albert Einstein(1946)