[mythtv-users] mythweb: slow results from mythweb/tv/recorded page

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 13:21:38 UTC 2006

On 9/28/06, Adam Egger <mythtv2006 at bdam.de> wrote:
> On 9/28/06, jack snodgrass <mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I got a ton of those:
> > Couldn't find backend for:
> >                            : " "
> > messages. I did a myth.rebuilddatabase.pl and added in some
> > shows that had been deleted from the database in the past. It
> > kind of worked, but I think it screwed up some fields in the
> > database that caused some of the slowness. I had about 20
> > entries with NULL in the recordid field. I deleted all of those
> > entries from the database and that got rid of the
>
> Wow thanks, I also see about 40 entries with NULL in the recordid
> field. But I think it's not a good idea to remove the entries since
> all the files still exist (check the basename).
>
> So how can I fix the entries with NULL in the recordid field?

I don't know....
you could mysqldump your db and make a copy, then
remove the entries and see if that IS the fix ... see if it
speeds up the query.

I might look at this more and file a bug report.... not a bug on how
the entries got like that, but a bug that mythtv does not handle the
data correctly.  It might be a simple additon to the query...
where 'recordid is not NULL'.

jack