[mythtv-users] Fuzzy sound, other recording issues.

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 01:36:55 UTC 2006

Hey all,

My myth box just recorded its first show!  The only problems are that I had to set the channel manually (since I have not yet set up the IR blaster to manipulate the set-top box) and that the sound was very...well, fuzzy.

The capture card is a PVR-150.  Video input is S-Video, and I just used the audio out (RCA) jacks from the set-top box to the card.  It was very staticky.

Also, MythTV apparently overrode my resolution settings--the recorded MPEG was 480x480, when I had initially set it to 720x480.

If anyone can help me troubleshoot these problems, I'd really appreciate it.  I would note that when I simply cat /dev/video0 to a file, I do not have these problems.  Thanks!

--Pete