[mythtv-users] Pausing, taking a deep breathe... help with remote please...

Andrew Davis andrew at nccomp.com
Tue Sep 26 18:51:19 UTC 2006

Trey Thompson wrote:
> [...]
So right now I've just split my cable feed and am running one leg to my
Cox tuner and the other to my MythBox. I noticed the back of my Cox
tuner has a port for an IR Blaster, so presumably, as I get a more
complicated solution, I could run my cable feed into my Cox tuner, then
run that out to my Myth box (allowing me to get more than channels 0-99)
and plug the IR Blaster into the Cox box so the Myth box could change
channels???

The only config file help I could use right now are mplayer mappings for
lircrc. My file has them for xine, but as I understand things, .20 adds
its own DVD/movie player which is really mplayer on the backend? I have
keys for volume and fast forward, but not for stop, pause, chapter skip
(presumably usable since it has menu support).