[mythtv-users] Custom recording syntax

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 13:43:49 UTC 2006

I have a custom recording to schedule any college football games with
Alabama in the subtitle.  The custom rule is:

program.title = "college football"
and program.subtitle like "alabama at %"
or program.subtitle like "% at alabama"

This query finds the correct football games, but I just noticed that
it also found a college volleyball game.  The volleyball game info is:

title = "Women's College Volleyball"
subtitle = "Arkansas at Alabama"

It is apparent that the game was scheduled b/c of the subtitle.  My
question is how should I go about using parenthesis to make sure
program.title is matched and one of the program.subtitle strings are
matched?  I have already deleted the custom schedule and recreated it
with parenthesis around the whole rule like:

(program.title = "college football"
and program.subtitle like "alabama at %"
or program.subtitle like "% at alabama")

That didn't make any difference, the volleyball game still got
scheduled.  Any ideas?