[mythtv-users] 0.20 and channel icons

Michael Zanetti michael_zanetti at gmx.net
Tue Sep 26 06:41:23 UTC 2006

Hi Michael

Am 26.09.2006 um 04:53 schrieb Michael T. Dean:

> On 09/25/06 16:39, Michael Zanetti wrote:
>
>> Since I've reinstalled my mythbox last week I have a very strange
>> problem. In the EPG the channel icons aren't shown. In the OSD I can
>> see just three of them.
>>
>> I already tried deleting the folder with the icons and regrabbed them
>> with mythfilldatabase. The icons are stored in /home/mythtv/.mythtv/
>> channels/ and I veryfied the entrys in the database. They point to
>> the right location. The permissions on the icon files are 644 owned
>> by mythtv:users.

>> The only icons I can see are pro7, orf1 and vox.
>>

> Are the permissions of the directories sufficient for the user
> executing
> mythfrontend to access the /home/mythtv/.mythtv directory?

mythfrontend is running by user mythtv. The permissions on the
folders are rwx. And why should it work for three icons then? Their
permissions are all the same.

> How about your mythfrontend log file?  It would say what's happening.

in the frontendlog I can see only this error:

X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
   Major opcode:  141
   Minor opcode:  14
   Resource id:  0x1a9

I doubt it could have to do something with icons.