[mythtv-users] DTC-6200 firewire issues

Jim Westfall jwestfall at surrealistic.net
Tue Sep 26 03:17:31 UTC 2006

David Evans <david at b15sentra.net> wrote [09.25.06]:
> >whats plugreport say? Sounds like you may not be telling myth the
> >correct Node/Port information.
>
> It does appear to be something along those lines.  My cable box seems to have
> a mind of its own.
>
> This is how plug report reads currently
>

> root at mythtv:/myth/video# plugreport
> Host Adapter 0
> ==============
>
> Node 0 GUID 0x001404fffe6ead00
> ------------------------------
> oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=0
> oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=0
>         channel=0, data_rate=2, overhead_id=0, payload=376
> iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2
>
> Node 1 GUID 0x0011060000009ea0
> ------------------------------
> libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
> libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR
>
> If I go through and use firewire-tester with a -p I get like 50% results.
> If I use the -B it "fixes it" and I am left with this for my plugreport
>
> root at mythtv:/myth/video# plugreport
> Host Adapter 0
> ==============
>
> Node 0 GUID 0x001404fffe6ead00
> ------------------------------
> oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=0
> oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=0
>         channel=63, data_rate=1, overhead_id=0, payload=376
> iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2
>
> Node 1 GUID 0x0011060000009ea0
> ------------------------------
> libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
> libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR

All of the above is fine.

> Then if I run test-mpeg2 to test to see if I am receiving anything I will get
> a 0 byte file and the plugreport resets back to the first settings in this
> email.  If I stop test-mpeg2 and rerun it I will get data.  I'm able to view
> this as well.

test-mpeg2 is p2p only, which is why I made firewire_tester.  If you
run firewire_tester -B -n 0 then run test-mpeg2 after, it will break
the broadcast fix.  What you want to do is setup mythtv to use broadcast,
run firewire_tester -B -n 0, then start the backend.

once you verify that fixes your issue (and you fix the perm issue), you
should only need to run 'firewire_tester -B -n 0' if you reboot your
backend and/or DCT6200.

jim