[mythtv-users] DTC-6200 firewire issues

David Evans david at b15sentra.net
Tue Sep 26 00:31:45 UTC 2006

>whats plugreport say? Sounds like you may not be telling myth the
>correct Node/Port information.

It does appear to be something along those lines.  My cable box seems to have
a mind of its own.

This is how plug report reads currently

root at mythtv:/myth/video# plugreport
Host Adapter 0
==============

Node 0 GUID 0x001404fffe6ead00
------------------------------
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=0
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=0
        channel=0, data_rate=2, overhead_id=0, payload=376
iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

Node 1 GUID 0x0011060000009ea0
------------------------------
libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR

If I go through and use firewire-tester with a -p I get like 50% results.
If I use the -B it "fixes it" and I am left with this for my plugreport

root at mythtv:/myth/video# plugreport
Host Adapter 0
==============

Node 0 GUID 0x001404fffe6ead00
------------------------------
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=0
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=0
        channel=63, data_rate=1, overhead_id=0, payload=376
iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

Node 1 GUID 0x0011060000009ea0
------------------------------
libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR

Then if I run test-mpeg2 to test to see if I am receiving anything I will get
a 0 byte file and the plugreport resets back to the first settings in this
email.  If I stop test-mpeg2 and rerun it I will get data.  I'm able to view
this as well.

So as far as I can tell its port 0 node 0.  I'm at a loss as to if it should
be point-to-point or broadcast in myth-setup.  I've been trying broadcast but
that does not appear to work.  I believe I've tried p2p a few times but at
this point I've tried so many things to try to get it to work I'm unsure and
I'll have to wait till the nightly recordings are over to attempt any other
changes.

Is my cable box just possesed?  I've also noticed if I unplug the firewire
cable and plug it back in I can get it to come up on node 1 but after about
a minute it will reset to node 0.

	-=david