[mythtv-users] losing audio/video sync when transcoding: a workaround

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Sep 24 05:59:18 UTC 2006

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 11:40:46AM -0400, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> > does anyone have any idea how to stop the
> > garage door opener from generating interference?
>
> I presume that your mythbox is physically reasonably close to your
> garage, as in, on the other side of the garage wall.

No, actually, the garage is detached.  The myth box is probably a good
15 or 20 metres from the garage door; the antenna is even further.

> Do you know if it is the remote transmitter or the actual door opener
> which is the culprit?

I'm pretty sure it's the opener motor, since it seems to interfere
whether the door is opened by the inside button or by the remote.
There's a little interference with the door goes back down, but the
problem is mostly only when it goes up.

> 1) ... wrap the back of the whole darn thing in foil ...
> 2) Yell at the manufacturer's customer service people ...
> 3) Check the power board for loose connections or a dead capacitor...
> 4) Cover the power control with a shield...
> 5) If [ 3 ] then order a new power control board

Thanks for the suggestions; I'll try them.  All this time, I'd assumed
this was a very common problem....

--
Peter Schachte              The fantastic advances in the field of
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        communication constitute a grave danger to the