[mythtv-users] Can Myth auto-name MPG recordings with show names?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 03:15:01 UTC 2006

I'm running MythTV 0.20 with a PVR-150 card. All my recordings are put
in the /video directory, which right now is full of .mpg files with
filenames like 1004_20060923153001.mpg, etc. I can connect to the box
over CIFS from my Windows box and view the mpg files as videos. My
question is - Is there a way to make Myth rename these files so they
are more descriptive, like with the show title in the filename or
something?

I understand that this is the way Myth organizes all the files on the
backend, so it would make sense if they can't be renamed. So
alternately, is it possible for myth to create copies of the files
with a different filename? Say via nuvexport or mytharchive or
something? I hope this isn't too much of a noobish question, I just
haven't found a straightforward answer to the subject yet. Thanks.