[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun QAM support - patch

jafa hdtv at silicondust.com
Sun Sep 24 02:46:16 UTC 2006

Bill Peck wrote:

>     Hi guys,
>
>     The following patch for MythTV 0.20 adds QAM64 and QAM256 support
>     to the
>     HDHomeRun driver.
>
>     http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/hdhomerun_mythtv_20_qam.patch
>     <http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/hdhomerun_mythtv_20_qam.patch>
>
>     The production firmware supports QAM64 and QAM256 out of the box. This
>     patch allows MythTV to use it.
>
>     Nick
>

> I'm curious if one of the tuners can tune ATSC and the other can tune
> QAM at the same time?  If so then I think your going to have a lot of
> orders!! :-)

Hi Bill,

Yes - you can run one tuner in ATSC mode and the other tuner in QAM mode
(you connect an antenna to one tuner and cable to the other tuner).

In MythTV you set up two tuners for each HDHomeRun. In the ATSC + QAM
configuration you have two sources and like the ATSC source to the tuner
in ATSC mode and the QAM source to the tuner in QAM mode.

Nick