[mythtv-users] Analog channels with HD-3000 and Myth .20

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 20:37:49 UTC 2006

> I've always had lots of trouble getting the audio synced right and
> stuff with the analog part of the HD-3000.  I think the solution has
> something to do with the various volume controls in alsamixer
> (alsamixer -V all).  I remember having to play with the "Catpure,"
> "PCM," "Line," and other volumes and some others that I can't remember
> right now (sorry, I'm not at my box).  There may be more detais on the
> wiki/instructions/Jarod's guide.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Dylan

Thanks.  I've made some progress with your suggestions and the
suggestion of another reply which pointed me to the Myth
documentation.  I guess I was being a little too specific when
searching for solutions instead of looking for generic audio
troubleshooting steps.  Now my problem is that the audio on the analog
channels is too slow.  I'm not sure, but I think I need the audio to
be at 48000 kHz and it is playing at 44100 kHz.  Under the analog
setting of mythtvsetup I've set it to 48000.  However, when I execute
mythfronend -v audio I see the following lines:
2006-09-23 16:16:32.843 Opening ALSA audio device 'default'.
2006-09-23 16:16:32.845 in SetParameters(format=2, channels=2,
rate=44100, buffer_time=500000, period_time=125000)

I'm not sure where, or if, I can set the rate to 48000.