[mythtv-users] Analog channels with HD-3000 and Myth .20

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 17:11:11 UTC 2006

On 9/22/06, John Welch <jrw3319 at gmail.com> wrote:
> With the release of myth .20 one of the features I was looking forward
> to is the ability to use my pcHDTV HD-3000 card for both digital and
> analog channels.  I know the analog side doesn't have the greatest
> picture quality and recording from it will use up significant system
> resources.  However, this tuner actually gives me a better picture on
> a few channels than my PVR-150.  Plus it's nice to have another option
> in case of recording conflicts.  I was able to get video working with
> the analog tuner, but I'm having trouble with audio.  After playing
> around with it a little I finally figured out that I needed to route
> the audio out on the HD-3000 to an input on one of my soundcards.  I
> hadn't been using this connection, since up to this point I'd only by
> using the card for digital channels.  I've got the connection in place
> now, but I'm still having issues.  When I use the card for live TV on
> my myth backend system I get audio, but nothing when I record or when
> I watch live TV from another frontend system.  Also, I've noticed that
> after exiting out of live TV mode the audio continues to play.  What
> am I doing wrong, or what have I missed in my setup?

I've always had lots of trouble getting the audio synced right and
stuff with the analog part of the HD-3000.  I think the solution has
something to do with the various volume controls in alsamixer
(alsamixer -V all).  I remember having to play with the "Catpure,"
"PCM," "Line," and other volumes and some others that I can't remember
right now (sorry, I'm not at my box).  There may be more detais on the
wiki/instructions/Jarod's guide.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Cheers,
--
Dylan

Type faster.  Use Dvorak: