[mythtv-users] Almost all upcoming recordings show as Currently Recorded or Previously Recorded

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 22 05:15:24 UTC 2006

On 09/21/06 18:47, Emil Friis wrote:

> I'm not sure what is going on, but I think it all started when I
> upgraded mysql to 4.1.20... All upcoming recordings are listed as
> either "Currently Recorded" or "Previously recorded" even if they are
> programs that have never been shown before.
>
> I am not really sure what to look for, but I an running .19 with mysql
> 4.1.20 as listed above. I have run mysqlcheck on the database and all
> looks good.
>
> Anybody got any ideas?

You upgraded to MySQL 4.1, it changed your database
locale/charset/whatever, which resulted in changed the lengths of some
of the columns in some of the tables (including the programid column in
the program column--which got shortened to something like 6 characters
instead of the 20 characters it should be), so everything's a duplicate
after truncation.

If I'm right, my recommendation is that you should /not/ trust any of
the data in your database.  Instead, start a new one from scratch.
Before dropping the old (corrupt) database, go ahead and back it up (in
case some of the data is salvageable -
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.5 ).

Once you've dropped your database, create a new one with the mc.sql
script, then start up mythtv-setup and begin configuring your system
again.  You can use the information in the SQL backup to help you figure
out what settings to change.  And, on the bright side, doing this will
allow you to find out all the new settings that were added since you
first configured your system (so you can now configure it even more to
your liking).

Once you've done that, you can selectively import some of the data (
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7 ), but you may have
to "fix" it manually first (comparing the SQL create table in the
corrupt backup with the table description in the new good database to
identify which fields need fixing).

Mike