[mythtv-users] Live TV Video Player

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 21 03:24:04 UTC 2006

On 09/20/06 20:51, Michael Wisniewski wrote:

> Hi!
>
>    Alright, I read the thread and to my knowledge, it sounds like you
> just
> make the subtitle file the same filename as the video file.  Let's say I
> have...
>
> foo.avi
> foo.sub
>
>     When I play foo, no subtitles.  :-(  I'm also using the internal
> video
> player and not mplayer or xine.  Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

My recommendation is, since the MythTV internal player's external
subtitle code is based on xine's, test with xine until you get it
working and it should work with the internal player.  Doing it that way
opens up a whole world of additional Google hits for help configuring
things...  ;)

(In other words, I've never used external subtitles with the Internal
player--or with xine for that matter--but plenty of other people on the
'net have.)

Mike