[mythtv-users] Changing window focus with a remote

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed Sep 20 17:49:24 UTC 2006

At 11:11 AM -0400 9/20/06, Phil Bridges wrote:
>On 9/20/06, Dan Wilga <mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:
>>    http://sweb.cz/tripie/utils/wmctrl/
>
>Interesting.  I wonder if this could also solve my sometimes-problem
>of Xine not getting focus?

I use it as part of a script that acts as a sort of "master reset"
for the wife. Depending on what's needed, it starts X, starts the
frontend, or gives it focus.

I also happen to switch between two different X servers on the same
box, with slightly different Myth settings, so it handles all of
that, too.