[mythtv-users] ac3 passthrough problems

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Tue Sep 19 19:21:53 UTC 2006

I'd like to ask for some help, and sanity checking, trying to get AC3
passthrough to work in 0.20. My video source is OTA ATSC and a Fusion
HDTV5 RT. Audio is typically Dolby Digital 2 channel (stereo) or 5.1
channel surround. I also have this card working with mplayer DVB and
can confirm that my a/v receiver connected to the spdif correctly
sees and accepts both DD 2.0 and DD 5.1 source from OTA ATSC
broadcasts using "mplayer -ao alsa -afm hwac3 dvb://" So I'm fairly
sure my alsa setup is configured correctly

I found http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound
which looks very helpful. I tried to set ALSA:default for my sound
device but that doesn't work. Any suggestions on how I can get MythTV
to send the raw AC3 stream out the spdif and to my A/V receiver?

See attached mplayer.log and mythtv.log. These two logs are of the
same dvb stream which has DD 2.0 sound.

Here is what aplay -l says about my Intel HDA audio:

card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: AD198x Analog [AD198x Analog]
   Subdevices: 1/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: AD198x Digital [AD198x Digital]
   Subdevices: 1/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

--
Scott