[mythtv-users] XvMC and MythDVD Internal Player (0.20)

Brandon Rogers blrogers at ieee.org
Tue Sep 19 12:00:56 UTC 2006

Did ChromaKey fix the problem?

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Jeremy Hunt
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 12:06 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] XvMC and MythDVD Internal Player (0.20)

On 9/18/06, Brandon Rogers <blrogers at ieee.org> wrote:

            After upgrading to 0.20, I decided to test out the internal
MythDVD player (for the menu support) and found that a DVD plays brilliantly
without XvMC, but does not play at all with it enabled.  The following
message is repeated in the terminal output:

NVP: Timed out waiting for free video buffers.

The screen stays black and nothing plays.  I am running an nvidia 5200FX
card.  Anyone have the same problem?

I have the exact same problem with the same card. HD playback works great
with XvMC as long as ChromaKey is enabled. I'm using the Atrpms build
updated today.