[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth ver R5D1 -- HDa0 100% full

cossaboon.mythtv at mac.com cossaboon.mythtv at mac.com
Sun Sep 17 20:10:26 UTC 2006

Kevin Cossaboon
17293 Magic Mountain Dr
Round Hill, VA 20141
540-338-5598
kevin at cossaboon.net

On Sep 17, 2006, at 3:47 PM, Dave wrote:

> On Sunday 17 September 2006 20:25, cossaboon.mythtv at mac.com wrote:
>> Twice in as many days HDa0 (boot disk) has goon 100% full. Is this
>> normal?
>>
>> I checked the logs, and there are a bunch of log in attempts, so I
>> assumed the first time, I was hacked, and they did something, what, I
>> have no idea, but Myth likes a bit of room on HDa0.
>>
>> So I upgraded to R5D1, and (dummy me) used the same usernames and
>> passwords. I did that on Friday night, and today, 100% full on Disk
>> HDa0.
>>
>> Now
>>
>> du -ah | sort -rn | more
>>
>> did not show a file bigger than a Meg (the drive partition is
>> 4.4Gig).
>>
>> I did some drastic measures to get Myth working to save some
>> recordings.... (RM the source directories of the Kernel).
>>
>> I am up, I will copy the files to my Mac, then try another 'upgrade'
>> but use different passwords, (and for the time being removed the PAT
>> statements from the Router).
>>
>> Question.... is there some process that could cause HDa0 to go 100%
>> full? (I checked mail and there was none).
>>

>> Kevin Cossaboon
>> 17293 Magic Mountain Dr
>> Round Hill, VA 20141
>> 540-338-5598
>> kevin at cossaboon.net
>

> In the R5C7 release there was a problem with logrotate which led to
> the mysql
> log file growing very large, very quickly. Try switching off mysql
> logging or
> check that logrotate is working correctly.

Thanks for the tip. I will watch them; I assume these are

/var/log/mysql/*

-rw-r-----   1 mysql adm    223232 Sep 17 16:06 mysql.log
-rw-r-----   1 mysql adm  70397952 Sep 17 06:25 mysql.log.1
-rw-r-----   1 mysql adm   3014656 Sep 17 06:25 mysql.log.1.gz
-rw-r-----   1 mysql adm  20751078 Sep 16 06:25 mysql.log.2.gz

rm 'n  them only resulted in;

/dev/hda1             4.7G  4.2G  229M  95% /