[mythtv-users] Bell ExpressVu PPV scraper

Andrew Saunders saunders at pagpaintball.com
Sun Sep 17 19:47:13 UTC 2006

Here's a revised version of a php script I submitted here a few months
ago. I fixed the issues with not being able to scrape info and have been
running it without issues for 3 months now. Part of what happened was
bell redesigned their site and the way it handles/creates cookies is
seriously screwed up. It took me a few hours just to figure out what the
hell was going on.

What this script does is scrape down all the PPV information straight
from Bell's site, including all PPV descriptions/ratings/prices/etc.
Problem is the pages that it scrapes from are horribly inconsistent, so
it's scrapes what it can but manages to do a pretty good job. This
script can run from both the command-line and browser, difference is if
you want better looking debug info then run it from the browser.

Here is a screencap from mythweb of the results.
http://www.pagpaintball.com/tempfolder/xvu_scraper.gif

And here is the file on my server.
http://www.pagpaintball.com/tempfolder/xvu_scraper.php.tar.gz

Enjoy.