[mythtv-users] Trying to identify a connector on a VGA card

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 16:18:34 UTC 2006

On 9/17/06, Sergei Gerasenko <gerases at publicschoolworks.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I'm still trying to connect my PC to my TV. I thought I had an nVidia
> card, but it turns out I have an MSI-NX6200TC series card with an nVidia
> chip [nVidia Corporation GeForce 6200 TurboCache(TM) (rev a1)].
> The card has a regular monitor out (D-Sub?), DVI out and something that
> looks like an S-Video connector. But it's for a 9-pin cable and it has
> the letter "S" next to it. I found the manual on the MSI site but it
> only says that it can be a video out OR video in OR video_out/video_in.
> I would like to know for sure what it is before I buy any adapters, etc.
> If it's a video in, then I might have to buy another card altogether,
> which is highly undesirable.
> The sort of brochure that came with the card (it was an OEM) sort of
> suggests that it's a TV_Out connector.
> Does anybody know what kind of connector it might be, how to verify it
> and finally what kind of adapter I should buy to connect it to my
> RF-Modulator that has an S-Video in?
> Will greatly appreciate any suggestions!

It sounds like a VIVO connector. In thoery, you can plug a straight
S-Video lead into it, as it is pin-compatible, but you should also
have recieved several dongles in the packaging to enable
video-in/video-out, composite out, and Y/Pb/Pr (IIRC) component out.
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list