[mythtv-users] Trying to identify a connector on a VGA card

Sergei Gerasenko gerases at publicschoolworks.com
Sun Sep 17 16:09:49 UTC 2006

Hello everybody,

I'm still trying to connect my PC to my TV. I thought I had an nVidia
card, but it turns out I have an MSI-NX6200TC series card with an nVidia
chip [nVidia Corporation GeForce 6200 TurboCache(TM) (rev a1)]. 

The card has a regular monitor out (D-Sub?), DVI out and something that
looks like an S-Video connector. But it's for a 9-pin cable and it has
the letter "S" next to it. I found the manual on the MSI site but it
only says that it can be a video out OR video in OR video_out/video_in.
I would like to know for sure what it is before I buy any adapters, etc.
If it's a video in, then I might have to buy another card altogether,
which is highly undesirable.

The sort of brochure that came with the card (it was an OEM) sort of
suggests that it's a TV_Out connector.

Does anybody know what kind of connector it might be, how to verify it
and finally what kind of adapter I should buy to connect it to my
RF-Modulator that has an S-Video in?

Will greatly appreciate any suggestions!

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list