[mythtv-users] AC3 Passthru doesn't work on Nforce4 ALC850

Branden Stanley branstan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 19:32:32 UTC 2006

I struggled with this as well with my K8N neo4 platinum. I believe the
combo that "worked" was using the guide:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Enabling_nForce4_optical_SPDIF_output

Then:
yum install alsamixergui
run alsamixergui
set all 'IEC958' to zero
Then the thing that worked was untick the red dots above the 'IEC958'
that only show up in alsamixergui
Set Myth audio to:
ALSA:spdif
default for the mixer
Enable ac3 passthrough

Done.

**the mixer was crashing on me so I needed to kill and reload the app
4 times to get everything sorted out...

This worked for me YMMV
I hope this helps!