[mythtv-users] quality

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Sep 15 14:56:27 EDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 05:22:46PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/12/06 16:30, Sergei Gerasenko wrote:
>
> >>First, you shouldn't use 1280x1024.  You need square pixels for
> >>everything to work properly in Myth.  So, if you have a 4:3 display, you
> >>should use one of 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x960, ...
> >>
> >Cool. But I tried 800x600 yesterday. Wasn't much better.

	You might also want to see what kind of bitrate you're
getting in terms of the recordings. With my DirectTV feed I
can see a distinct difference between the shows that yield
smaller files when recorded. Other shows seem quite repectable
in terms of image quality in general and when compared to the
DirecTivo reference system.