[mythtv-users] My Perennial Problems with XvMC

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 18:00:10 UTC 2006

On 9/15/06, Norm Dugas <normdugas at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Something I just thought of... What user are you using for Myth?  If you're logging
> in as a regular user (ie. user mythtv), you may want to make sure that this user also
> belongs to the "video" group.  At least that's how it is for me.  As well, you may want
> to check permissions on /dev/nvidia* to ensure you have rw permissions.

Some good thoughts.  Fedora doesn't seem to have a video group.  I use
my own user account "Dylan" instead of a mythtv user however I don't
think it should make that big of a difference.  Also,
boron dev]$ ls -l nv*
crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 195,   0 Sep 14 18:16 nvidia0
crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 195, 255 Sep 14 18:16 nvidiactl
crw-rw---- 1 root root  10, 144 Sep 14 18:14 nvram

I'm not sure what nvram is, you think I need permessions for it?