[mythtv-users] My Perennial Problems with XvMC

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 05:39:30 UTC 2006

On 9/15/06, Norm Dugas <normdugas at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> I went to the archives to find your original post.  I see you're running
> and svn version.  What options did you pass along to configure?  Have
> you rebuilt myth?  If so, when re-installing, did you restart the
> backend and the frontend?  I know this sounds obvious but I didn't see
> this in the thread unless I missed some messages.  What kind of
> TV/monitor are you using?  What's the resolution?  When I have a moment,
> I'll run an xdpyinfo on my myth box and post it.

Configure options are --prefix=/usr/local --enable-xvmc
--enable-xvmc-opengl --arch=i686 --enable-proc-opt --enable-dvb
--enable-opengl-vsync --tune=`uname -i` --cpu=`uname -i` --enable-mmx

note that opengl-vsync is not enabled despite me expressing it on the
command line.  There is an angoing thred about this and it seems it's
not ready for release yet.  I've rebuilt and restarted myth many
times.  I'm pretty sure that running make install while the backend is
running terminates it but I'm not sure.  As you can see from the first
post, I've had these symptoms for a while so I may have forgotten to
restart the backend at one point, however certainly not every time.

Right now I'm using twinview with a Dell 1024x768 lcd and an old
1280x1024 CRT.  I've tried the setup without twinview on each monitor
with the same results.

These are good ideas.  Keep them coming if you've got them or anyone
else feel free to join in.  There's got to be something we're not
thinking of.

Cheers,
Dylan