[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase not running

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 14 19:05:11 UTC 2006

On 09/13/06 20:15, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:

>On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 14:04 -0500, craig lovold wrote:
>

>>Ever since I switched over to a new backend server mythfilldatabase
>>hasn't been running.  I log in and launch it manually with no problem.
>>
>>I don't see areport of a problem with it and it is set to run
>>automatically, on the recommended schedule.
>>
>>Does my box think it is a slave for some reason or something?  I did
>>have two backend machines running on my network for a few hours while I
>>was switching over.  For master backend ip I have the IP of the box
>>itself (not localhost or 127.0.0.1) so that should be correct.
>>

>Look at the value "MythFillDatabasePath" in the settings table.

I'm sure you mean the frontend setting:

mythfilldatabase Path
Path (including executable) of the mythfilldatabase program.

Since editing the database directly is /not/ the recommended solution.  :)

>  I did a
>similar migration recently, and for some reason it got set to
>/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase instead of /usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabase.
>Yours may not be in /usr/local/bin, just make sure the database reflects
>the correct path.
>
>Once I corrected the path, it started running automatically again.

And, make sure you enable logging:

mythfilldatabase Log Path
Path to use for logging output from the mythfilldatabase program.  Leave
blank to disable logging.

to diagnose the problem.

Mike