[mythtv-users] Higer load in .20

John Lundell jdlundell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 18:24:05 UTC 2006

I too am having huge problems with HD playback on 0.20.  It is unwatchable
on my P4 3.0 processor.  On 0.19 using libmpeg2, bob deint with 1080i input,
mythfrontend was at about 70% cpu and X was at about 30%.  Since this was
running SMP on a hyperthreading processor, it was fine.  Now on 0.20, the
frontend is at 99.9% and the playback stutters.  I have tried turning on or
off OpenGL Vsync, using XvMC (which reduces the CPU usage to 30% but still
stutters), and nothing works.  In both cases (0.19 and 0.20) I am using
Axel's packages from ATrpms (thanks for these!).

Unfortunately, I did not make a backup of my database before upgrading so I
do not know if I can go back or not.

Any suggestions?

John