[mythtv-users] Ati 9100IGP to PAL tv help

Chris Martin council.tax at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 08:15:42 UTC 2006

> > Just as a follow up to this I found out that if I press the 'teletext'
> > button on my remote control while tuned into the av channel I get a
> > perfect picture showing my x session (with some teletext stuff
> > superimposed) although the load humming noise remains (which is odd
> > because the cable I am using has no audio input).  Does anyone have
> > any idea why this might be happening (cable, tv, computer) and if
> > there's anything I could try to fix it?
> >

> This sounds like the signal 'CSYNC' generated in the VGA-RGB converter
> is connected to an audio input (pin 1 or 5 of the SCART plug) instead of
> pin 19 of your SCART plug.
> Gert

Yes, it was definitely the cable; I replaced it and now the humming is
gone and the picture is present on the normal Av channel.

Interestingly while X is clear using this system (far better than
using s-video out) tv playback via myth is not quite perfect.
Movement is ever so slightly jerky (like the timing's out) and fast
motion is a little blurry.  Especailly bad are panning shots which are
quite clearly not smooth.

This happens either with Robin's modelines or with a couple of others
I've found on the internet.  Turning deinterlacing on helps a tiny bit
but not much.  If anyone has some more modelines for me to try or
suggestions then I'm more than happy to hear them