[mythtv-users] Fwd: Satellite capture card - Sky

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Sep 13 08:07:42 EDT 2006

Around about 12/09/06 20:17, Wayne Pascoe typed ...
> I'm looking into setting up a MythTV solution for home, but I just
> have one rather major question. My main TV feed is from Sky Digital
> via Satellite in the UK. What is the best solution for capturing
> this? I've read about DVB cards, but I'm not sure if they are the
> right tool.

   I use a PVR-350†, with the sky box running via scart into an RBB->s-video
converter [£30~80] and thence via s-video to the 350.  This gives great
quality at the price;  running scart straight to the 350 would work but only
using the lesser composite signal.

   I then use a redeye serial IR blaster to control the skybox [was ~£18].
YMMV;  it may be better to use one of the [pricier?] RF controllers (control
via the sigibox's RF in).  My redeye won't work with Sky+ boxes, I think,
but they've prob. changed it.

† -  *only* for the sky-in;  I don't tune analogue terrestrial, nor do I use
the problematic s-video out for watching;  nVidia card for that.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature