[mythtv-users] Developers feel appreciated?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Sep 12 22:04:29 EDT 2006

> I'm obviously one of the newbies on the block.  I just love seeing all
> this going on, the development, the product is awesome, etc...
>

> I'm curious though...
>

> All you active developers out there...  Do you feel appreciated by the
> "users"?  I know talk has been going around about money off and on.
> That's one thing...  But, do you truly feel appreciated?
>

> I know that as I get more involved with Myth, using a product as feature
> rich and strong as this, I just hope that you all really know how much
> your work means to some of us "users".

I've done a few things in the LCD support (and with parsers for
MythStream, an 'unofficial' plugin) and my motivation has not been to look
for appreciation but to make it work better for me. If it works for you as
well then thats great but mostly I'd hope that you may make a small
contribution that I will benefit from.

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours...

--
Robin Gilks