[mythtv-users] Wiki Reminder: take notes when you upgrade

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Sep 12 15:45:42 EDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 03:40:43PM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 03:16:28PM -0400, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > 0.19-fixes -> 0.20 on Debian
> > download tarballs
> > extract
> > run configure
> > run qmake
> > run make
> > shutdown backend
> > backup db
> > run make install
> > restart backend
> >
> > I'll leave writing the page to someone that encounters a problem.
>
> Showoff.  :-)

And alas, I missed the *useful* question.  I don't see that you ran
mythsetup in there.  Do we not need to do that before restarting
backend?  Or is it automatic now?

Cheer,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_