[mythtv-users] Channel icon path

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 12 11:46:16 EDT 2006

On 09/12/06 03:39, Robin Gilks wrote:

>A question about the path to the channel icons as used by the OSD. The
>value in my database refers to the absolute path in the Master backend so
>the remote frontend is not able to access the icons even though it has a
>copy of them (different user, different home directory).
>Have I missed a database update that should have made the path of the form
>"~/.mythtv/channels/abc.jpg" rather than what I have at present which is
>of the form "/home/user/.mythtv/channels/abc.jpg" which only works if the
>user running a frontend is the same thoughout the system.
>I've bodged a symbolic link in the home directory to make the icons
>accessable but thats not the point...

No DB updates for that.  It's assumed that you'll install the icons in
the same location on all frontends.  They don't have to be in the mythtv
user's home directory--I have them in a subdirectory of my mythtv data
directory (i.e. along with a recordings, a videos, a music, and more
directories).  However, to put them elsewhere (since mythfilldatabase
always uses ~/.mythtv/channels), you'll have to manually edit the paths
in the DB.