[mythtv-users] YUM update for .20?

Claude Boucher mythtv.user at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 00:39:28 UTC 2006

No big problem on my side yet (front/backend, 2.6.17-1.2174_FC5,
PVR150MCE, PVR500MCE, and the newest RPMs from Axel). MythVideo,
MythMusic, MythWeb, MythWeather, MythNews, the recording and playback
and the Live TV feature all seem to work after an extensive 5-minute try
:) . I was pleasantly surprised by the new OpenGL transitions between
the menus (this is cool!).

However, the internal DVD player is another story. I crashed the
frontend when I used the chapter selection to start an episode of
M*A*S*H DVD. When I tried to play an episode from the start, the video
freezed , and the sound accelerated quite a bit. I think  I'll go back
to xine as a temporary workaround.

MythGallery gave me some trouble too with my customized Myxer theme and
menu files. It wouldn't display the images. I corrected this by changing
my theme to the default 'MythTV Center'

Claude