[mythtv-users] Mythtv on xbox

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 02:15:52 UTC 2006

On 9/8/06, John Davis <splashd at taradavis.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any advice on upgrading the mythtv frontend on an xbox?
> I had installed myth-frontend on my xbox a year ago. I recently upgraded my
> backend to .19.2
> Of course, I now get the infamous "backend speaks protocol version 26 and I
> speak protocol version 15" message on my xbox. Being that it is debian
> based, I tried to apt-get an updated mythtv frontend, but the mythtv
> repository owner seems to have gone away. Does anyone know of any debs or a
> way to compile mythtv on the xbox (it fails the configure when trying to
> compile the tarball.)

What is it failing on? After all, there are a lot of dependancies to
match for Myth compilation.

Best bet'd be to run "apt-get build-dep mythfrontend" which should get
you all the deps needed to build.

The other suggestion is to set up distcc on the xbox and any other
*nix boxen you have (Making sure they all use the same version of gcc
of course) to distribute the work, and speed up compiling massively.
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston