[mythtv-users] mount: can't find /dev/hdc in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab FC5 mythtv

Chad Delatte gremlin190 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 8 00:52:08 UTC 2006

 Pop in a disk and then type "mount"
You may see it listed in that. If not, write back to
the list as you
have another issue.

wrote:

>> Whenever I try to have Myth autoplay a disc in my
dvd
>> drive I get the following error:
>> mount: can't find /dev/hdc in /etc/fstab or
/etc/mtab
>> FC5 mythtv
>> This is with FC5. I've tried adding different
>> settings to the fstab, but I don;t know the correct
>> one to add. Thanks for the help in advance.

> Does your dvd drive work at all. Does a disk show up
on your desktop when
> you insert a disk?
>
> Allan
Yes it does, and it plays.  This only happens when I
try to play dvd's.  I just tried a music cd and it
worked perfectly.

Here is what I see when I type mount with a dvd in the
drive:

/dev/hda2 on / type ext3 (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
/dev/hda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/hda5 on /mythpvr type xfs (rw)
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
sunrpc on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw)
automount(pid2266) on /net type autofs
(rw,fd=4,pgrp=2266,minproto=2,maxproto=4)

I see the same when I try to play a music cd.  I don't
see /dev/hdc in that list.
Thanks again