[mythtv-users] MythTV: Best Remote Control

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 19:11:05 UTC 2006

I know there are a lot of choices out there as far as remote controls go and
I am looking to change remotes and go to one that will do more features for
me. I was wondering what everyone else out there was using successfully to
do more than move around in the myth menus. Some features that I am looking
to be able to do with one remote:

Turn Tv Off/On
Power PC on from remote
Control Surround Sound with remote
Possibly control mouse with remote

The two that I have been looking at recently is the Universal Remote MX-850,
http://www.universalremote.com/product_detail.php?model=38, which won't turn
my frontend off and on from what I can tell and the iMON Station,
http://www.soundgraph.com/Eng_/Products/imon22.aspx?topMenu=2&subMenu=1&leftMenu=22,
which won't do Power On, and the iMON Inside will do power on but you have
to have an exposed 5" drive bay (I don't). So what is everyone else using
for the ultimate remote? Thanks

Allan