[mythtv-users] Per Card Volume Control Bounty started

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Thu Sep 7 17:24:11 UTC 2006

On Thursday 07 September 2006 1:06 pm, Tom Lichti wrote:
> Isaac Richards wrote:

> >> Well, it was the best I could see from the options suggested. I will
> >> check out some other systems, if you have any suggestions, they would be
> >> much appreciated.
> >
> > No, I don't have any other suggestions.
> >
> > I don't see how that's going to work.  People contribute $500 to this,
> > and _you_ get the money right away.  No bounty completion required,
> > nothing collected if it's under $500.
> >
> > Isaac
>
> I realize that it's not optimal, but I don't see any other way to do it,
> aside from you running it, which I know is not going to happen. The only
> other way to do it is for the developer themselves to organize it.
> Unless people actually commit to paying, it's all on trust. Of course,
> that means you have to trust ME, which of course is a bit of a leap, but
> I know if I took the money without paying the developer, all the people
> who pledge money can go back to paypal for refunds. I can't really make
> people trust me, but I have given my name, paypal address and ebay id, I
> can provide more details if needed.
>
> The other option of course is to just have people add their name to the
> list on the Wiki, and they pay the developer directly, but again you are
> trusting that people actually WILL make the payment. I know I will, but
> will others? Anyway, it's all a moot point if no-one wants to either
> pledge or do the development work.

I'm sorry, but there's just _way_ too much potential for abuse using that
website.  There's absolutely no guarantee that the whoever does the work will
get paid - let along that whoever starts the bounty wouldn't just take the
money before the bounty's been completed, even.  Rather large (~10%)
overhead.

So, executive decision: no bounties using fundable.org.

Isaac