[mythtv-users] Paying one or some of the developers

Joe Marcom jmarcom at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 7 17:07:42 UTC 2006

Tom Lichti wrote:

>>I actually think a bounty system is a great idea.  Speaking as someone
>>whose coding skills aren't up to the standard to fix the few things in
>>Myth I'd like to see differently, this would provide the possibility
>>of getting work done.

snip
   I like the idea, also, though on a grander scale than is being
discussed here.  After many months of failure with Myth (attempting with
  KnoppMyth, AMICUS, and others), I would pay a considerable sum for a
system that would install and run on any of my computers.  The magnitude
of my request can be estimated by the fact that even the Editor-in-Chief
of Linux Journal has commented on the difficulty of installing MythTV,
in the current (October) issue.  Linux Format magazine has posted a few
similar comments; you folks who have a fully-functioning system are
indeed fortunate.  I envy you.