[mythtv-users] MythMusic Bounty Ideas

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu Sep 7 12:34:39 UTC 2006

On Thursday 07 September 2006 12:53, Steven Adeff wrote:
> I would like to hear back from everyone on this, ideas that may be
> added, what people feel should be the end goals of this first
> MythMusic bounty. I'd especially like to hear from the development
> team if they have any ideas or "words of wisdom" to be added to what
> will be the official bounty contract.
>
> I also hope to judge the popularity of this idea (and in some way if
> the bounty will collect enough to make this a worth the time of a
> developer) through the responses to this thread.

Well I'll suggest that the idea would be more successful if you broke down the
changes you want into smaller, preferably related chunks.

There are things in that list which some potential developers can't or just
aren't interested in doing. You are more likely to find developers who are
willing to redo the UI OR ipod integration but not both.

Breaking it down might also result in fairer payments. People might contribute
$20 each for the UI redesign alone which could make the time/work worthwhile
for the developer. The same $20 each for UI work averaged over the work
involved in a larger contract might not be so worthwhile.
--
Stuart Morgan