[mythtv-users] Database purge

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 20:21:47 UTC 2006

On 06/09/06, Ben Dash <ben_dash at yahoo.com> wrote:
> My database has just filled up its partition and I
> want to purge 90% of it since I really don't care to
> have a record of every single TV show that ever
> broadcast over the past 2 years :-)
>
> Does anyone have a convenient SQL script to purge the
> data that isn't needed while still maintaining the
> tables related to the TV guide and the current
> recorded shows and future recordings scheduled?

Have you run optimize_mythdb.pl on the database?

Checking my current DB - almost 2 years old - the largest table is
recordedseek (24MB) - so if you have lots of recordings stored this
could be the culprit (I currently only have 66 recordings). There may
also be orhpaned records for long-deleted recordings which can be
deleted also and may drastically reduce your DB size.

The current size of my 2yo DB is <50MB.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: