[mythtv-users] Paying one or some of the developers

Osma Ahvenlampi oa at iki.fi
Wed Sep 6 10:59:06 UTC 2006

On ma, 2006-09-04 at 22:22 -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> Who would you rather collect money from, after working on something for a
> couple of weeks:
> - $25 from 40 individual contributions
> - $1000 from 1 contribution

This is why it makes sense to use the facilities already available for
this. Plenty of umbrellas to work under that have expressed willingness
to help out in the collection process, and which have the infrastructure
to accept payment with more than just PayPal. Just google for "open
source bounties". I seem to recall that for instance Canonical has a
system, and I'd imagine they might be interested in working with MythTV.

--
Osma Ahvenlampi   <oa at iki.fi>    http://www.fishpool.org