[mythtv-users] Need help setting up freecom usb DVB-T tuner

Mark Howells Mark.Howells at softoption.com
Sun Sep 3 23:14:03 UTC 2006

Hi Alan,

I'll try this tomorrow and get back to you.

> For Mark - this is another conversation on the mythtv
> mailiing list that may be relevent to your case.  I had to
> make /etc/udev/script/dvb.sh executable in order to get the
> firmware to load.

I see the firmware loading OK - but the LED goes amber immediately (does this signal some kind of f/w failure?)

> However, I am getting this in the dmesg buffer, which might
> be relevent.  The light goes green when you plug the device
> in, then goes amber shortly afterwards.
>
> dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 300 msecs.
> dvb-usb: WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver (Typhoon/Freecom)
> successfully initialized and connected.
> dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -71
> dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -71
> dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -71
> dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -71
> dvb-usb: bulk message failed: -71 (1/0)
> dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -71

I think this is the same as what I see. The numbers vary for me (sometimes -110, sometimes -71) and eventually an kernel OOPS. :(

Does anyone know what this 'recv bulk' is about?

Mark