[mythtv-users] Dual display? Standalone X Session + Frontend

Sam Wong sam at hellosam.net
Sun Sep 3 15:43:48 UTC 2006

I got a nvidia card with DFP, VGA and TV out.

I would like to know if there is anyway to get TV Out on frontend, and a
standalone X session on the DFP?

I can get TwinView working, it seems not quite possible to get DFP+TV
out at the same time without TwinView. Currently the best I can do is a
single X session, gdm auto login and auto start myfrontend on the TV screen.
I am looking for a way to start frontend on TV screen, and a gdm login
prompt on DFP screen which is independent of the TV.

I was experimenting with Xnest and Xphery, but didn't get any progress.

Any hints and tips are appreciated...thanks. BTW, I am using Ubuntu
Dapper and MythTV 0.19