[mythtv-users] nvram-wakeup setup

Cool Frood aaranya+mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 00:24:30 UTC 2006

Hi,

I saw that a similar question was asked on the list a long time ago
but there wasn't any reply, so I'm trying again.  I'm trying to set up
nvram-wakeup on a Pheonix BIOS.  The mobo has a VIA 8237 chipset.  I
went through the guess-helper script to set it up.  However, when I
set the wakeup time using nvram-wakeup, the wakeup time gets set
correctly, but the RTC alarm shows up disabled in BIOS settings, even
though it shows enabled when I read the nvram settings right after
enabling the wakeup.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Also, sometimes I get a CMOS checksum failure because of the nvram
changes.  This is annoying because it loads defaults into my BIOS
setup.

Thanks,
Akshat